Tuesday, October 20, 2009

On the eve of some serious adventure...

Have arrived in Nashville and been released by the ole "ball and chain". So far, I am lucky with the weather; it has been clear.
No idea where the Natchez Trace begins, but the rather pleasent Eastern Indian fellow at the front desk promised to direct my path at daybreak. I believe it is about four miles from here.
By all means, always carbo-load at Sir Pizza in Bellvue before beginning such an adventure as this one. This Hampton Inn is a good stand when compared to Griner's or others' of long ago.
For now, I hope to break at Leiper's Fork tomorrow after breakfast and a solitary send-off at the Loveless Cafe and Motel at 7 a.m. Lunch and a another break also at Jackson Falls, before pitching my tent at Merriweather Lewis campground in the afternoon for some serious history.
Will blog as technology permits.
Tony

2 comments:

  1. Ashley sends the following message.......CONSIDER YOURSELF PAROLED. tO BE RE-CHAINED...I HAVE HEARD THEY LEAVE SCARS....REPORT TO ASHLEYaka the old ball and chain.

    ReplyDelete